Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Dream job

We all know that children sometimes say the darndest (and oddest) things, and often when I hear Jakub's proclamations, I wonder how much of these things he says at school, and whether or not I will be receiving a call from CPS.  Well, today was another entertaining ride home from school.  As always, I was trying to engage Jakub in conversation about his day--which unfortunately is usually met with either surly grunts or vehement assertions that they did absolutely nothing all day--but today he was unusually talkative.  Somehow, we got onto the subject of when he grows up:

Me: "Jakub, what do you want to be when you grow up?"
Jakub, enthusiastically: "I'm going to drink beer!"
Me, trying to hold back my laugh: "But what are you going to do for work?"
Jakub: "I'm going to go to work."
Me: "But what are you going to do at work?"
Jakub: "I'm going to make money."

OK, sounds like a plan.  Drink beer and make money.  If he ever finds a way to make that work, we'll be in for quite a windfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment