Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Things handed to me by my children...

  1. rock
  2. stick
  3. leaf
  4. flower
  5. uncapped marker, after having been applied to walls, floors, and/or self
  6. partially masticated food
  7. remote control, after programming the daily recording of the Mexican telenovela "Atrévete a Soñar" AND adjusting the color settings so that everything looks like a bad sci-fi movie about aliens
  8. pond scum
  9. the world's largest booger, acquired on a playground
  10. dried dog poop
  11. bug, alive
  12. bug, dead
  13. carving knife, stolen from dishwasher left inadvertently open
  14. super glue
  15. unpaid-for merchandise, after exiting the store
  16. already-chewed gum off the sidewalk
  17. a stranger's wallet
  18. cuticle scissors
  19. caustic cleaning supplies, after having circumvented the "baby-proof" latches
  20. art projects created from pages of my dissertation and/or unpaid bills
What I have learned:
From numbers 6, 9-12, and 16, I have learned not to blindly offer my hand after hearing "Here, mommy."
From numbers 5, 7, 13-14, and 18-19, I have learned to hone my quick reflexes.
From numbers 15 and 17, I have learned the art of apologizing profusely.
From numbers 1-5, and even 20, I have learned to cherish every token of love my boys give me.

No comments:

Post a Comment