Friday, January 14, 2011

Monkey Maxims #3

This post will be familiar to all of you who read my Facebook updates, but I've had a request by my good friend Allison for a reprise.  I should probably begin by explaining that J has had an ongoing fascination with everything I keep on my nightstand, such as chapstick, various hair accoutrements, deodorant (hey, it gets hot here in the summer), kleenex, among other seemingly uninteresting objects.  I'll often find one or more of these objects in strange places or missing altogether, or I'll see J attempting to be inconspicuous about having greased up the entire lower portion of his face with chapstick.  However, perhaps the most tempting item for my three year old monkey is my lavender aromatherapy spray.  He has gotten into trouble countless times for spraying himself as well as other inanimate (and animate) objects with it, so he knows it's off limits.  One day, I came upon J sitting on the bed, holding the lavender spray in his hand:

J: "Look mommy, I'm not spraying it."
Me: "Thank you, honey, I'm glad."
J (quietly, as an afterthought): "I only spray it when I'm by myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment