Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Foot-in-Mouth Disease

Those of you who know me have most likely heard this story, but it's so good it bears repeating.

I was pretty uncomfortable during the end of my pregnancy with J, due the fact that it was 2,000 degrees for the last few months of it, no kidding.  OK, kidding just a little, but not much.  Plus, my joints ached so much I could barely walk, so I was eternally grateful that our family friends allowed me to use their pool at my pleasure, and I spent at least an hour a day marinating in it.  Well, on one of these occasions, my husband, P joined me:

Me: "Wow, I feel so great, I feel so light in the water."
P (completely serious): "Isn't that why they say hippopotamuses spend 95% of their lives in the water?"

I don't know what's funnier, the fact that those words actually passed his lips, or the fact that he didn't actually intend it as a joke.  You can't make this stuff up.

1 comment:

  1. You have a wonderful husband. I wish there were more like him.

    ReplyDelete