Thursday, October 13, 2011

Easy Halloween "stained glass window" craft for kids

I know, it's a shocker, I'm actually posting a crafting entry.  And this time it's not a joke entry, like my last one.  I am hopelessly inept at anything I embark upon, so the fact that I am able to do this means it truly is easy.  We've done this multiple times for multiple holidays, simply switch out the tissue paper color and you're set.

Supplies:
Scissors
Orange and white colored tissue paper
Black and green construction paper
Clear contact paper

I was too lazy to actually document the steps, but you'll figure it out.  Just cut out the contact paper in the shape of your choice (we did ghosts and pumpkins), and put it sticky-side up on the table. Then place the eyes and mouth (cut from the black construction paper), pumpkin stem (if you're doing the pumpkins) and then lay down the tissue paper.  It's okay if it overlaps or hangs over the edges.  When you've covered your creation to your satisfaction, simply lay another piece of contact paper over it and cut out your shape.  Here are ours:




No comments:

Post a Comment